Job Posting – Accountant
The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts is accepting applications for the position of Accountant. This position is responsible for assisting in all monitoring, preparation and reporting of the financial activities of the organization. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of daily financial information by researching and analyzing account data and preparing reports.
- Assist in the coordination with banks, benefit providers and auditors.
- Consult with Lodge Secretaries, Treasurers and District Deputy Grand Masters on matters relating to filings to government agencies, duties of Lodge Treasures and recordkeeping.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of current financial operations. Project financial results generated by new strategic and long range planning activities.
- Assist in the establishment of procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget, financial and managerial reports.
- As requested, measure the budgets of each cost center against previously established plans and budgets, report variances and their causes and recommend corrective action.
- Assist employees responsible for billing Lodges, accounts receivable, accounts payable and weekly payroll.
- Respond to unresolved member inquiries, requests and complaints referred by staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge of regulations, codes, policies and procedures relative to the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as the ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software; Word processing software; Spreadsheet software; and Internet software.
- Perform related management and administrative functions as required.
An accounting degree or related discipline and 5 years of progressively responsible experience are required. The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts offers a competitive salary and benefits. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send resumes to Robert V. Jolly, Jr., Business Manager, 186 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02111 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through March 2, 2018.
Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to provide any specific information regarding your status as a candidate or why you may not have been accepted. If it is determined that there is a match between your qualifications and the position for which you have applied we may contact you directly for an interview.